The Soft Heat Luxury electric blanket is quite possibly the best electric blanket currently on the market. It’s made out of a very high quality micro fleece fabric that is extremely soft yet very durable.
One of the best features of this blanket is that you can just throw it in the washing machine when it comes time to clean it, as it’s fully washer and dryer safe. You don’t have to worry about tearing or shrinking here. It’s also very low voltage and one of the safest electric blankets you can buy.
- Uses very thin wires. Unlike traditional electric blankets that use big, bulky and round heating wires, the Soft Heat Luxury heating wires are very thin, flexible and lay flat. Because of its advanced design, you won’t even know that the wires are there since you won’t be able to feel them. And don’t worry about the wires getting damaged during washing – they’re designed to retain their shape even after washing.
- Dual controls. This blanket is essentially divided into 2 halves with each side having its own controls (and heating elements) that allow you to adjust the temperature to your liking. This is a must-have feature for people sleeping with a partner, as each person can individually set the temperature of their own half. If you’ve ever fought over a TV remote, then you’ll truly appreciate having this feature.
- Low voltage. If you’re worried about being exposed to electromagnetic radiation, then you’ll want an electric blanket that is designed to operate at low voltages. This blanket uses a mere 25 volts, which is pretty much as low as they get. But it doesn’t sacrifice heating power to achieve this low voltage. The reason is because it utilizes a technology that transforms standard 120v AC current into low-voltage DC current. This makes the Soft Heat Luxury one of the safest blankets out there.
- Evenly distributed heat. This blanket was designed for optimal heat distribution to give its users the utmost comfort. The heating wires are perfectly spaced throughout the blanket, so there are no spots on the blanket that are too hot or too cold, which is a known problem with some of the lesser quality electric blankets.
- Preheating function. This will help you conserve energy and save money by not having to keep the blanket “on” at all times. You could just keep the blanket off when you’re not using it, but most people will find it too inconvenient to have to wait for the blanket to heat up, so this is a very useful feature to have.
- Automatic shut-off system. Another great feature is the built-in auto shutoff system that will turn the blanket off after 10 hours. This is an important safety feature that will prevent the possibility of it causing a fire.
- On the more expensive side. If you’re just looking for a cheap electric blanket with an “anything will do” mentality, then this is not the one you want. This is a quality product with a 5 year warranty, so expect to pay more for it than your typical run-of-the-mill blanket that won’t last you a year.
Should I Buy the Soft Heat Luxury Electric Blanket?
If you’re looking for quality and don’t mind paying a little extra for it, then the Soft Heat Luxury should be at the very top of your list. There are very few electric blankets out there that can match its reliability, heating and fabric quality, and advanced features. And that’s why we’ve selected the Soft Heat Luxury Micro-Fleece as the best electric blanket.